Want to work at Steamspace?
All of our current employment opportunities will be listed, including details on how to apply.
SteamTeam Members (Volunteer)
Become A Member of The SteamTeam
Want to know about a unique way to get involved on campus? Steamspace, in Raymond House, is in the final stages of becoming Acadia University’s first makerspace. It’s home to a variety of tools and equipment for twenty-first-century digital, design, and prototyping.
We are looking for students from all disciplines to join the SteamTeam; a group of student volunteers who will mentor other members of Steamspace by teaching them how to use equipment, troubleshoot, and help in the operation of the space.
You do not have to be a ‘tech’ person, or consider yourself ‘handy’ – in fact this opportunity is for anyone …
- Artists and Creatives
- Geeks and Explorers
- Makers and Citizen Scientists
- Tinkerers and Problem Solvers
- Simply Curious
Volunteers will receive:
- A free membership to Steamspace
- Advanced access to the space
- Special training with all of the equipment
- Access to materials in return for hours worked
- Experience that will future-proof your resumé
You work as much or as little as you’d like and hours are flexible!